How Do You Cancel Usps Passport Appointment? (Guide)
This happens. You realize that your USPS passport appointment must be cancelled.
- You’re not the only one who is curious about how to cancel an appointment for a USPS passport. This is a topic I was curious about, so continue reading!
How Do You Cancel USPS Passport Appointment In 2022?
For cancellations of USPS passport appointments, visit the USPS retail customer appointment scheduler (RCAS). Enter the appointment confirmation number, your email address, or telephone number, into RCAS. Click “Manage Appointments”, to cancel or reschedule. You can cancel your USPS passport application by clicking “Manage Appointments” to either change or forget an appointment.
- You still have questions regarding cancelling your USPS passport appointment? Check out my other research. It contains all you need.
How many times can I cancel a Usps passport appointment?
There are no limits to the number of times that you can cancel an appointment for a USPS passport.
You don't need to wait for a new appointment after you cancel your previous one.
The only thing you need to remember is that passport applications take between 8 and 11 weeks to process.
If you are planning a trip, it is in your best interests to keep your appointment open so that you can return your passport in time.
How do I reschedule my passport appointment with usps?
You will receive details about your appointment and the location after you have made your reservation online via the USPS Retail Customer Appointment Scheduler.
USPS will also send you a confirmation number. If you need to cancel or modify your appointment, click the link in the email.
Next, enter your confirmation number, email address or telephone number in the appropriate areas.
After you have entered your details, you can cancel or change your appointment.
How do I cancel a State Department passport appointment?
Most cases will require you to make a passport appointment at the Post Office, Library, or other government facility.
If you have an urgent need, however, you will need to contact the State Department directly.
The National Passport Information Center will send you a confirmation email after you have made your appointment.
To cancel an appointment, please email the confirmation email to NPIC@state.gov and include "Cancel My Appointment” in the subject line.
You should not ask questions, request status updates, or request to change or reschedule an appointment in the email.
USPS employees won't answer any questions if you send them.
Who needs a passport appointment at Usps
Before we get into the details about how to cancel a USPS passport appointment appointment, it is helpful to identify who actually needs the appointment.
Here are some scenarios where you might need to make an appointment for a passport at the post office in person:
- This is your first U.S. Passport (i.e. you have never received a U.S. Passport before).
- If your last U.S. passport wasn't issued more than 15 years ago.
- If your passport has been stolen, lost, damaged or was damaged.
- If you are 16 years or younger
- If you do not have a legal document (e.g. marriage license) to show that your legal name has changed, your passport may be issued under another name.
You can apply for a passport renewal via mail if none of the above scenarios apply to your case. There is no need to make an appointment at The Post Office.
What do you need to bring to your Passport Appointment
Here's a list with documents that you will need to submit if you have decided to make a Passport appointment at the Post Office.
- Form DS-11 (completed but not signed).
- Photocopy of the back and front (e.g. driver's licence) and proof of identity document
- U.S. citizenship document and a photocopy of the front and back (e.g, U.S. birth certificate). A photocopy of the front or back of the citizenship document (e.g., U.S. born certificate)
- A color 2'x2'' photo of your face and shoulders in 2"x2" format
- Passport fees
- $35.00 Post Office Acceptance Fee
- $15.00 (Post Office Photo Fee if Required)
- $110 State Department fee, adult; $80 for children below 16.
You can cancel your passport appointment if you are missing any of these items and reschedule once you have all the necessary documents.
You can read more about USPS by reading our related articles. These include whether stamps expire or not, if USPS requires signatures, and if USPS accepts passport photos.
How can I verify when my USPS Passport Appointment is?
When you make a reservation using the USPS Retail Customer Apppointment Scheduler, (RCAS), you’ll get an email with information about your appointment.
This email address can be used to clarify any issues regarding your appointment.
If, for any reason, you can’t find your appointment details, go to the Post Office and have an employee look up the details for you.
What number of times can I cancel a USPS Passport appointment
The number of times that you may cancel an appointment for USPS passport is not limited.
Additionally, many passport appointments are available in any given moment, so there is no need for you to wait until a new appointment.
It is important to note that it takes between 8-11 weeks for a passport to be processed.
Therefore, if you have a trip coming up, it’s in your best interest to keep your appointment so you can get your passport back in time.
How do I cancel a State Department Passport Appointment
You will most likely make your passport appointment at the Post Office, Library, or other government institution.
If you have an urgent need, however, please call the State Department.
You will be notified by the National Passport Information Center once you make your appointment.
You can cancel an appointment by simply sending a confirmation email to NPIC@state.gov, with the subject line “Cancel My Appointment”.
You should not ask questions or request status updates.
USPS personnel will not be able to answer your questions if there are any.
Who Needs A Passport Appointment At USPS?
It’s important to identify who is required to make an appointment before we get into details about how to cancel a USPS passport appointment.
Here is the list of circumstances when you would need to schedule an appointment with the postal office for a personal passport.
If this is your first U.S. passport (i.e., you’ve never been issued a U.S. passport before).
If your last U.S. passport was issued 15 or more years ago.
If your passport was damaged, lost, or stolen.
If you’re 16 years old or younger.
In the event that you have not received a marriage license or a previous passport, it is possible to show your legal identity change.
If any of these circumstances do not apply, then you may submit your request for a passport renew by mail. There is no need to book an appointment at The Post Office.
What Do You Need To Bring To Your Passport Appointment?
Below is a list with all the necessary documents to be provided if you decide to request a passport appointment at a Post Office.
- Form DS-11 – Completed but not yet signed
- Proof of identity document and a photocopy of the front and back (e.g., driver’s license)
- U.S. passport. U.S. citizenship documentation and a photocopy the front and rear (e.g. U.S.birth certificate)
- Photograph of your head and shoulders in color, 2’x2′
- Passport fees
- $35.00 Post Office Acceptance fee
- $15.00 Post Office Fee (If necessary, a photo fee)
- $110 State Department fee, adult; $80 children below 16
If you’re missing any of these items, you’ll need to cancel your passport appointment and reschedule it once you have everything you need.
To know more about USPS, you can also read our related articles on whether or not USPS stamps expire, if USPS requires a signature, and if USPS takes passport photos.
Fortunately, canceling a USPS passport appointment couldn’t be easier.
- Just go to USPS Online Customer Appointment Scheduler tool. Simply enter your confirmation code and phone number, then click Manage Appointments.
You can then cancel your appointment or reschedule it.
What’s more, there are no consequences for missed appointments, and you can reschedule or cancel as many times as you need to.
- It can take up to eleven weeks for passport applications to be processed so make sure to keep your appointment!
What is the best way to cancel my passport appointment?
Visit Passport Seva and log in with your credentials. Click on the View Saved/Submitted Apps’ tab. Next, choose the Schedule Appointment option. Select the relevant option to make changes or cancel your appointment.
What Happens If I Miss My Passport Appointment?
What happens if I cannot attend my passport appointment? You can cancel your appointment at passport seva portal if you are unable to make it. The process can be repeated up to twice in one year. Your application will then be cancelled. You must apply again.
How Many times can I cancel my passport appointment?
Appointment rescheduling/cancellation for an application are allowed up to three times only within a year of the first appointment date. Visit to a Passport Seva Kendra (PSK)/Post Office Passport Seva Kendra (POPSK):May 10, 2019
What can I do to cancel my Passport after Submission?
You can do it by clicking on ‘Submitted/View Saved applications’ under the PSK portal and then proceeding to ‘Schedule Appointment’ option. There you can click on ‘Cancel’ option to cancel your passport application.
.How Do You Cancel Usps Passport Appointment? (Guide)