What Kills Bed Bugs Instantly?
9 Effective Tips To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs(Without Toxic Products).
We thought they were gone, yet bed bugs are making a comeback. Adult bedbugs are about 5 mm in size, wingless, oval in shape. They are rusty brown in color and look like a tick. They have existed for thousands of years all over the world. They sting and can consume up to 6 times their weight in blood (human or animal). Their bite marks can easily be mistaken for mosquito bites.
They live in “dirty” places, but also in a clean and well-maintained house. Bed bugs travel perfectly well. When you stay in a hotel, rent accommodation for the holidays or buy used furniture: beware! Fortunately, there are solutions to get rid of it. Bed bugs bite, but do not spread disease. They generally do not pose a threat to human health. A few simple preventive measures can significantly reduce the invasion of bedbugs in your home.
What If The House Is Infested?
If you’re wondering how to get rid of bed bugs once they have taken hold in your home, let’s be honest: it’s not easy. These insects thrive in all conditions. They reproduce quickly and can live without food for up to 400 days. Chemical insecticides exist, but they are only effective after 2 or 3 passes. Luckily, if you don’t want your bedroom to look like Hiroshima, there are some natural ways to get rid of it. Here are 9 effective tips for getting rid of bed bugs without using chemicals:
1. Go Over Everything With A Fine Tooth Comb
Prevention and early detection are your best allies in preventing a bedbug invasion, so don’t wait! Remember that these insects are very small and their eggs are invisible to the human eye. Most bedbugs hide in mattresses and box springs. So start your research there. Carefully inspect the seams and mattress recesses of each bed in your home. Remember to lift the mattresses to check if there are any hiding underneath.
Also track down bedbug droppings. They look like stains of dried blood. Check all the cracks and nooks and crannies in your bed frame. Even better, disassemble the bed frame for a thorough inspection. Also inspect the 2 sides of the headboard. And if you find traces of bedbugs, here are 8 effective tips to get rid of them.
2. Kill All The Ones You See
If you have found bedbugs in your home, then war is declared! It is not easy to kill the bed bugs that are hidden in the mattresses. Why? Because they are so small that they are difficult to catch.
So to kill them, the easiest way is to slide a credit card in the hard-to-reach corners. You can also use a piece of cardboard to reach the slots in the mattress or your vacuum cleaner to vacuum them.
3. Put All Bedding In The Machine
The best way to get rid of bed bugs is to machine everything you can. Why? Because high temperatures kill bed bugs as well as all eggs. And if you have a tumble dryer, again choose a high temperature.
4. If You Can’t Wash, Then Freeze!
This is because extremely low temperatures will also kill bedbugs and their eggs.
5. Vacuum Every Nook And Cranny
The vacuum cleaner is also a very effective weapon in dealing with bed bugs. To do this, vacuum the top and bottom of the mattress, the bed frame, the carpet, the 2 sides of the headboard and all the slots you find. Repeat the operation every day using the most powerful vacuum cleaner possible. Once you are done, seal the vacuum bag tightly and immediately dispose of it in the garbage can outside your home.
6. Spray On Essential Oils
To do this, mix these essential oils with water in a spray bottle. Then, spray the areas you treat daily, including the mattress and box spring.
7. Use Diatomaceous Earth
Diatomaceous earth is super effective in controlling insects and bedbugs are no exception. Even professional pest control experts use it to get rid of it. During this operation, wear a dust mask to avoid inhaling it. Leave the diatomaceous earth on all day and vacuum before going to sleep. To discover: Diatomaceous Earth Is a Magic Product: Discover Its 10 Uses.
8. Tidy Up The Bedroom And Avoid The Mess Around The Bed
Whether you have a neat house or not, bed bugs don’t really make a difference… But the advantage of having a tidy house and bedroom is that it drastically limits the potential hiding places for these critters. And it’s much easier to see if you have bedbugs in a mess-free room…
9. Better Safe Than Sorry
Getting rid of a bed bug invasion costs time and money (not to mention stress!). So to avoid that, it’s better to be safe than sorry. Here are 3 things to do in prevention:
– Buy anti-parasite mattress covers for the mattresses and box springs in your home. These covers also prevent dust mites and are a worthwhile investment to increase the life of your mattress.
– Fill all cracks in headboards and bed frames with putty . This eliminates potential hiding places for bed bugs.
– Install bed bug traps under the legs of each bed. This solution is economical, simple and is one of the most effective ways to detect them before they become a problem! Inspect traps regularly and come back to step 1 often!
Have you tried these tips for avoiding a bedbug invasion? Let us know in the comments if it worked for you. We can’t wait to hear from you!
- What Kills Bed Bugs Instantly?
- 9 Effective Tips To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs(Without Toxic Products).
- What If The House Is Infested?
- 1. Go Over Everything With A Fine Tooth Comb
- 2. Kill All The Ones You See
- 3. Put All Bedding In The Machine
- 4. If You Can’t Wash, Then Freeze!
- 5. Vacuum Every Nook And Cranny
- 6. Spray On Essential Oils
- 7. Use Diatomaceous Earth
- 8. Tidy Up The Bedroom And Avoid The Mess Around The Bed
- 9. Better Safe Than Sorry